These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on CTPC. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
The CTPC is a social networking club aimed at the development and maintenance of enduring professional relationships amongst CT & Security professionals. The over-riding principal of the CTPC being to keep in touch & to have fun!
In doing this, we hope to:
- Create an environment for the sharing of information, good practice and advice among trusted colleagues and give associates the benefit of access to a broad spectrum of CT & Security disciplines
- Acceptance is solely based upon proposal by an existing associate.
- The CTPC is not a registered 'Professional Body' and associate status does not infer any privilege.
- The CTPC administrators reserve the right to deny access to the website to anyone who may act in a manner considered to be inappropriate.
- By accessing CTPC (hereinafter "we", "us", "our", "CTPC", "ctpc"), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use "CTPC". We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of "CTPC" after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended. #
- Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter "they", "them", "their", "phpBB software", "www.phpbb.com", "phpBB Group", "phpBB Teams") which is a bulletin board solution released under the "General Public License" (hereinafter "GPL") and can be downloaded from https://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com #
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where"CTPC" is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that "CTPC" have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither"CTPC" nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. #
- The CTPC is a social networking club aimed at the development and maintenance of enduring professional relationships amongst CT & Security professionals. The over-riding principal of the CTPC being to keep in touch & to have fun!
- This policy explains in detail how "CTPC" along with its affiliated companies (hereinafter "we", "us", "our", "CTPC", "ctpc") and phpBB (hereinafter "they", "them", "their", "phpBB software", "www.phpbb.com", "phpBB Group", "phpBB Teams") use any information collected during any session of usage by you (hereinafter "your information"). #
- Your information is collected via two ways. Firstly, by browsing "CTPC" will cause the phpBB software to create a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer’s web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (hereinafter "user-id") and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter "session-id"), automatically assigned to you by the phpBB software. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within "CTPC" and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience. #
- We may also create cookies external to the phpBB software whilst browsing "CTPC", though these are outside the scope of this document which is intended to only cover the pages created by the phpBB software. The second way in which we collect your information is by what you submit to us. This can be, and is not limited to: posting as an anonymous user (hereinafter "anonymous posts"), registering on "CTPC" (hereinafter "your account") and posts submitted by you after registration and whilst logged in (hereinafter "your posts"). #
- Your account will at a bare minimum contain a uniquely identifiable name (hereinafter "your user name"), a personal password used for logging into your account (hereinafter "your password") and a personal, valid e-mail address (hereinafter "your e-mail"). Your information for your account at "CTPC" is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us. Any information beyond your user name, your password, and your e-mail address required by "CTPC" during the registration process is either mandatory or optional, at the discretion of "CTPC". In all cases, you have the option of what information in your account is publicly displayed. Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated e-mails from the phpBB software. #
- Your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your password is the means of accessing your account at "CTPC", so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with "CTPC", phpBB or another 3rd party, legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you can use the "I forgot my password" feature provided by the phpBB software. This process will ask you to submit your user name and your e-mail, then the phpBB software will generate a new password to reclaim your account. #